On this page is the current credit distribution sheet for the 2016-2017 academic year. Click here to download this as a PDF.
Our distribution sheets list all of the requirements for each catalog year, please visit the Undergraduate Catalog for that information or review the relevant year below.
Anthropology (30 Hours)
- ANTH 201 Cultural Anthropology (3 hours)
- ANTH 202 Introduction to Biological Anthropology (3 hours)
- ANTH 303 Archaeology (3 hours)
- ANTH 470 Anthropological Theory (3 hours)
- 18 credit hours of ANTH courses.
English (12 Hours)
- ENGL 101 Introduction to Academic Writing(3 hours)
- ENGL 102 Writing and Research About Culture (3 hours)
- ENGL 2xx Literature (3 hours)
- ANTH390 Linguistic Anthropology OR ENGL 351 Introduction to Linguistics OR ENGL 452 Language, Culture, and Society (3 hours)
History (6 Hours)
- HIST 101 World Civilizations (3 hours)
- HIST xxx (3 hours)
Modern Language (13 Hours)
Choose sequence in French (FREN), German (GERM) or Spanish (SPAN).
- MODL 101 (4 hours)
- MODL 102 (3 hours)
- MODL 201 (3 hours)
- MODL 202 (3 hours)
Math (6 Hours)
- MATH 102 Quantitative Reasoning OR (MATH 103 AND MATH 104) OR MATH 105 College Algebra
- STAT 214 Elementary Statistics (3 hours)
Science (11 Hours)
- 6 credit hours of SCI electives are to be chosen from both biological (BIOL) and physical (CHEM, GEOL, or PHYS) sciences, two courses of which must be from the same science.
- 2 credit hours of SCI lab electives are chosen to correspond to 2 of the courses taken.
Communication (3 Hours)
- CMCN 100 Principles of Human Communication OR CMCN 101 Oral Communication for International Students OR CMCN 202 Argumentation and Debate OR CMCN 203 Honors Fundamentals OR CMCN 309 Interview Theory and Technique OR CMCN 310 Public Speaking, OR ENGL 360 Advanced Writing OR ENGL 365 Technical Writing, OR THEA 261 Acting I (3 hours)
Arts (6 Hours)
- 6 credit hours of Art, must be chosen from advisor-approved list of Dance, Music, Theater, or Visual Arts.
Behavioral Science (6 Hours)
- SOCI 100 Introduction to Sociology
- 3 credits hours of behavioral science in Economics, Geography, Political Science, Psychology or Sociology at the 200 level or above
Minor (18 Hours)
- 18 credit hours in your minor.
- 6 credit hours of the 18 credit hours must be at the 3/4xx level.
- No more than one course grade of D in the minor.
Electives (9 Hours)
- UNIV 100 (3 hours)
- 6 credit hours of electives of the students choice.